DonJoy Velocity Ankle Brace
Velocity represents an evolution in DonJoy ankle brace technology, utilizing several new, proprietary design features, resulting in a new level of ankle brace performance and providing the foundation for successful ankle injury prevention and treatment.
The Velocity ES ( Extra Support ) and MS ( Moderate Support ) have a foot and ankle speed wrap to apply compression for acute ankle injuries and to control inflammation.
The Velocity LS ( Light Support ) is recommended for prophylactic use or for patients who do not have an acute ankle sprain with inflammation.
Velocity Ankle Braces are used to treat or prevent the following injuries:
- Inversion Ankle Sprains
- Eversion Ankle Sprains
- Unnatural Rotation of the Ankle
Product Features…and the benefits you’ll experience!
- Low Profile and Lightweight
This brace easily fits into your shoe giving you the extra support you need without bulkiness.
- Anatomically Designed Bilateral Hinges
You get to experience natural, unrestricted movement while wearing this brace.
- Moldable Foot Plate
Enjoy the benefits of a custom fit with out the cost!
- R3 Technology (Rapid-Rigid-Ratched) in the Calf Cuff
Provides compression to your ankle joint to prevent swelling.
- Rigid Uprights
Gives extra protection to your ankle in case of impact.
Size Men's Shoe Size Women's Shoe Size
Small 6-8 8-9.5
Medium 8-12 9.5-13.5
Large 12 + 13.5 and +
Calf Measuring Information - Measure calf circumference 8" from ground.
Calf Cuff Calf Circumference
Standard 7.25” – 10”
Wide 10” – 12.5”
Instructions for Use…how to put on your DonJoy Velocity Ankle Brace.
|Step 1: Unfasten and loosen all straps. Place ankle in the brace and position at 90o.||Step 2: Wrap and secure calf liner.|
|Step 3: Insert calf ratchet strap end through opening on the opposite calf ratchet strap.||Step 4: Pull, wrap, and lock both calf ratchet straps snugly into place without impairing circulation.|
|Step 5: Align tongue with the center of the forefoot.||Step 6: Pull and wrap ankle strap(s) snugly into place without impairing circulation.|
How to use the heat moldable foot plate.
1. Remove inner liner and outer shell (ES version).
2. Apply heat evenly to the area of interest using a heat gun. Heat molding the foot plate should be performed by medical professionals only. Do not use an oven, boiling water, or any heat source other than a heat gun. Do not heat foot plate to more than 300F as melting may occur. Do not attempt to heat mold any component other than the foot plate. If heated, the rivets will readily burn bare skin.
3. Manually form desired changes with gloved hands prior to cooling. Do not attempt to form components against bare skin.
4. Reheat and continue forming as necessary.
5. The foot plate will retain heat after heat source is removed. Allow sufficient cooling time prior to making contact with bare skin.