Ossur Unloader One X Custom
Take control of knee joint pain, quickly and easily with the Unloader One X. When properly applied, the brace will reduce load on the painful and affected side of the knee through a patented unloading system. Read more about our Custom Knee brace options, advice, and expert fitting.
Unloader One X is a medical device with biomechanical properties that is clinically proven to provide pain relief and functional improvements to people suffering from unicompartmental OA of the knee and degenerative meniscal tears. The Unloader One X builds on more than 18 years of patient and practitioner experience and is designed with ease of use and effortless wear in mind.
Clinically proven to reduce the pain associated with unicompartmental osteoarthritis of the knee, the Unloader One X knee brace is your companion for everyday activities and adventures.
The Unloader One X’s patented 3-Point Leverage System and dual DFS straps biomechanically unload your affected knee compartment, resulting in a reduction of pain due to knee OA as well as degenerative meniscal tears.
Designed with patient compliance in mind. Like our popular Unloader One® brace, Unloader One X Custom features the Össur 3-Point Leverage System. This patented system is clinically proven to improve mobility by providing pain relief from unicompartmental knee OA or degenerative meniscal tears. Equally important, Unloader One X Custom incorporates a host of new features (see below) designed to improve patient comfort and compliance. Because even the best brace isn’t effective if it isn’t worn.
- Comfortable and Lightweight: Soft single-seamed straps eliminate bulk at the back of the knee and reduce chafing.
- Easy to Use: Alignment guide, color-coded touchpoints, and Quick Fit buckles allow for intuitive donning and doffing.
- Entire brace is machine washable for easy care and maintenance.
- Sleek, Low Profile Design
- Stylish, Low-Profile Frame with Soft Edges
- Breathable and Skin Friendly Soft Goods
1. With knee slightly bent, place the brace on your leg with the hinge on the affected side of your knee. Align the hinge so that the Ossur logo is at the top of your kneecap and the front of the hinge is at the center of the side of your leg.
2-5. Close the lower buckle (blue dot) first, followed by the top buckle (yellow dot). Make sure that the calf strap is positioned above the widest part of your calf. Use the palm of your hand to close the buckles, pressing firmly until you hear them click.
6. Your brace should be set to provide adequate pain relief with the SmartDosing® scale set at the middle indicator. However, depending on your level of pain or volume fluxuations due to weight gain/loss or swelling, you can adjust the strap tension easily by turning the dials. Turning the dials clockwise (the indicator moving toward the.+) will increase the tension while turning the dials counter clockwise (the indicator moving toward the -) will decrease the tension. Remember to keep your leg slightly bent when using the SmartDosing® dials.
7. Check the final position of the brace on your leg. When your leg is slightly bent, the Ossur logo on the hinge should be aligned with the top of your kneecap and the front edge of the hinge cap should be at the center of the side of your leg.
Hint: If you find it hard to align the brace and buckle it at the same time, simply place the brace on your slightly bent leg, put the buckles in the correct receiving keyholes WITHOUT closing the buckles, and pull up your leg into place.
Once aligned correctly, continue with step 2-7.
When starting to use the brace, it is recommended to gradually build up to full time use, so the skin can get used to the brace.
Skin irritation issues may occur for some users. If you have sensitive skin, it is recommended to use the Unloader One® X as tolerated.
- If redness appears, usage should be decreased.
- If problems persist, discontinue brace use and consult your health care professional or practitioner regarding other liner options.
If no skin issues arise you can build up to full time usage more quickly.
How to Remove the Unloader One® X:
Open both upper and lower Quick Fit Buckles.
Remove the buckles from their keyholes.
Remove the brace from your leg.
ORTHOMED IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS!
We offer fast advice, quick shipping, easy exchanges and no hassle returns. Shipping is free on orders of $150 or more. We also offer free shipping on exchanges or returns. No gimmicks, no hidden costs – We make it easy!
Shipping, it's Fast
We offer two low priced express shipping options, FAST: 4 to 6 business days shipping for only $11.99 and FASTER: 1 to 4 business days shipping for only $17.99. Order day is counted as day zero (courier's rules). This shipping charge is not refundable if items are returned for any reason. If we are unable to have your item delivered to you in the specified time frame we will refund your express shipping charge.
We also offer FREE: 6 to 8 business days ground shipping anywhere in Canada on orders of $150 or more.We always provide you with tracking information through a confirmation email and in addition, you can also login to your account 24/7 to see the status of your shipment.
Exchanges - We pay the return shipping
OrthoMed is committed to a low-risk online shopping experience. If you need a different size or want to exchange for a different product, we've got you covered. With our Advice Included model our team is standing by to help you figure out what product would be best for you. If you require an exchange, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us make it right for you. We will quickly place a new order for you, and we will send you a pre-paid shipping label by email to cover the shipping fees. Please note we cover the return shipping fees for the first exchange on your order when you request an exchange within the first 10 days of receiving your product. After 10 days we offer a flat rate return shipping charge of only $14.99 plus HST. Also note, if you have multiple exchanges on the same order, you will be responsible for the shipping fees after the first complimentary exchange. Outbound shipping rates still apply.
Returns – 30 day money back guarantee
Use it, try it, not happy? Returns are simple, even if you have worn the product, we've got you covered. The best part, we offer two great options for return shipping: if you request a return within the first 10 days of receiving your product we pay the return shipping, after 10 days we offer a flat rate return shipping charge of only $14.99 plus HST. Just send a request to email@example.com. If possible, try and have your original order number to reference. If you cannot find your order number, please provide the name the order was purchased under and we will locate you in our system. We will provide an email response the same business day.
Please place your item in a suitable shipment box to ship the item(s) back with our pre-paid return label (we suggest re-using the box that we shipped the items to you). The authorized items must be dropped off at Canada Post on or before the final day of return timeframe to be eligible for refund. We ask that you do your best to keep everything in good 'like new' condition. Please return all packaging and instructions with your return to receive a full refund. If the items are returned without the original packaging/instructions, the packaging is damaged and/or the item(s) were not put within a secondary box/protective packaging for shipment, up to a 25% restocking fee may be deducted from your refund. Bubble wrap, Kraft paper or bags will not be accepted as sufficient protective packaging. Please note, shipping fees are not refunded for returns if we successfully delivered the product to you in the stated timeframe.
Important note regarding insurance reimbursement: To deter against insurance fraud, it is our policy that if we provide a customer with documentation for the purpose of seeking insurance reimbursement, and the customer subsequently requests a cancellation, refund or return (in whole or in part), we reserve the right to request documentation (or other communication) from your insurer to verify the status of your reimbursement claim prior to processing your refund(s).
If we suspect that an individual is abusing our return and refund policies (including order cancellationS) for any reason, a restocking fee of up to 25% may be deducted from the refund amount(s) in our sole discretion.
We want all of our customers to be happy, that's why over 90% of our products are covered by our industry leading money back guarantee. Due to health regulations, product design or use indications some exclusions apply;
- Non-returnable items: Cold Therapy products and accessories, Heat pads, Custom Braces, Compression sock accessories, Boxer Brief/Boxer and undergarment products, Sprays and Gels, Muscle Tape, Bone Growth Stimulators, IFC devices, Muscle Stimulators, TENS, Massagers, Compression Recovery Boots and like units are not returnable.
- 5-day return policy: Pre-fabricated Rigid Frame Knee Braces, Bauerfeind GenuTrain OA, Bauerfeind SofTec Genu, Crutches (iWalk), Post-operative braces and shoes, Shoe balancers and lifts, Cast / waterproof cover products, Medical Walking Boots, Orthotic Insoles/inserts/pads, Shoulder Immobilizers/Slings and Off-the-shelf compression Socks/stockings are subject to a 5-day return from delivery.
If you have a concern with any product or have warranty issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will handle everything for you. Simple, convenient and speedy. We will make it right.